Last Updated on December 10, 2022
Intex Excursion Pro and Sea Eagle 370 are two of the most highly-rated kayaks for less than $500. The Intex Excursion Pro is usually used for beginners but has a limited capacity to hold weight. It is easy to set up and use, which is why it’s recommended for beginners for fishing.
The Sea Eagle 370 inflatable kayak is more expensive but can hold more weight in comparison to the Intex Excursion Pro and is easily suited for two adults.
The article discusses the differences between two types of kayaks, Intex Excursion Pro and Sea Eagle 370. After a brief research on their users, users’ reviews, and their real experience with each product we discuss the similarities and key differences along with their pros and cons that need to be considered, so you can choose which is best.
Intex Excursion Pro (Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak)
Intex Excursion Pro is a versatile kayak for fishing. The kayak has an inflatable skeg to provide stability on the water. Intex Excursion Pro series has two kayaks:
- K1 – One-person kayak
- K2 – Two-person kayak
Almost all the features are the same compared to each other except the K2 has two Aluminum Oars included whereas K1 has one.
The Intex Excursion Pro K2
The buoyancy of the kayak can be adjusted with the additional air chambers that are included in the package. This kayak allows for easy transport upstream on rivers which will be helpful during winter months when there is ice and snow.
This kayak has two air chambers with a total of three valves. The Intex Excursion Pro kayak also has two adjustable seats, a high-density polyethylene body, and a paddle keeper on the stern.
It comes with two-rod holders for fishing, two paddle clips, comfortable seating, and a sturdy hull. With its inflatable design, it is easy to assemble and carry anywhere on both land and water.
This kayak is high impact and damage-resistant capacity though it is made with 3-ply super tough construction. It comes with quick inflation and deflation facilities with spring-loaded high-pressure valves.
Intex is a certified 3-chamber construction by the national marine manufacturers association. They use ABYC standards to make every single kayak more rigid.
Features of Intex Excursion Pro k2 Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Two adjustable seats for two-person fishing
- An integrated drain plug for emergency drain water out of a kayak
- Mounting brackets for necessary fishing accessories
- Adjustable footrest floor mounted for stability
- Removable seat booster(Only 1)
- Directional skeg for navigating deep water and short skeg for navigating shallow waters easily
- To secure bags and other accessories a stainless steel D-ring added
- Adjustable, also removable, and inflatable seats with backrest, booster pads
- High output pump
- Pressure gauge and a carry bag
- Two paddles (86 inch Aluminum Oars)
- Fishing rod holders are integrated and recessed for a secure fit
- Durability: Materials are strong and heavy
- Built-in carrying handles
- Stability: Takes 8-10 minutes to inflate or take out and has great stability to start fishing in a minute.
- Easy to transport
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable seat
- The pump and pressure gauge is annoying. It needs to insert a pump to fill the kayak then remove it and insert the pressure gauge to check the final result.
I have been kayaking since I am young & have extensive experience with different kayak brands. During every vacation of my children, we made camping and kayaking plans. My younger boy loves fishing but he scared of kayaking. I would love to share my experience throughout this blog.